Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sugar Scrubs

So I have become slightly obsessed with Pinterest! If you don't know what I am talking about check out my page http://pinterest.com/shannonbmoore/ Anyways, I found a couple of recipes for sugar scrubs that I decided to try out! We are doing Christmas on a budget, since we are newlyweds, looking at buying a new home, and trying for a baby! After checking out tons of different recipes I decided to make my own and boy is it delish!

I used
1/3 cup of olive oil
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice

Not completely satisfied with the presentation (it looked like wet sugar in a jar) I used the lemon peels to make some lemon zest, along with lime zest! this gave the scrub yellow and green specs that's I though added to the look! Also added to the fragrance!!! BONUS!

So how did it work? Well, after washing some dishes my hands smelled of dirty sponge so I decided to try out my new creation.... left my hands smelling citrus fresh and very soft.

This was just a trial run, and I plan on making up some more recipes before I decide on the ones I will be gifting this Christmas, but I am happy to report it was a success. I have read on a few blogs that you should use sunflower oil (less of a scent) so I am going to pick some of that up before round two!

Here's a pic of the creation:

Not decorated , or in the jars I planned on using, but you get the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment