Thursday, September 22, 2011

I want to be a pirate

This morning, after Clint's alarm went off for the second or third time....It usually takes about 4 times for him to get up and in to the shower (don't blame him, it is 5 o'clock in the morning) Clint squeezed me in closer and whispered in my ear, I want to be a Pirate! Um, excuse me? Lol, he does tend to say some crazy stuff when he is half asleep, but this one tops the list. Boy is it fun learning to sleep in the same bed with someone else. Clint's a snuggler, I am not. He also snores. And regardless of what he says, I know I don't. I am a lady after all.

All this got me thinking. You know in old TV shows, way before my age, (I'm a younging) where the wife and husband sleep in separate beds? You think they where on to something? You got your own sheets, no one could steal  them from you in the middle of the night. You had your own space, Clint tends to lie diagonal across the bed when he falls asleep, leaving me with about a 2 foot square of sleeping space. I am no angel, Clint will complain that I rub my cold feet and toosh on him to try and stay warm. Not to mention, bed types. Clint loves a plush soft mattress, whereas I am all about a hard mattress. I could basically sleep on a wood floor as long as I have my blankie (the blankie drives Clint crazy).

So what are newlyweds to do? Go back to the 50's and get two separate beds, and on special occasions move them together ;)! Or dish out $4500 for the Sleep Number Bed, Thank goodness for 2011! Or just deal with it?

The truth is, I would rather deal with the snoring, the cover stealing, and 2x2ft square space to sleep, as long as I get to be next to My Pirate! I love you Clint!

No comments:

Post a Comment